April 20, 2021
HOW TO REMOVE EYE MAKEUP
The Right Way to Remove Eye Makeup
When it comes to makeup, the eyes tend to get a lot of attention. Even people who prefer a more natural look and don’t use too many products still tend to rely on eye makeup essentials each day and spend a long time working with mascara, eyeshadows, and liner to get the right look.
However, while you might spend a long time perfecting your appearance and applying your eye makeup, you probably don’t spend the same amount of time getting rid of it at the end of the day. In fact, many people don’t really know how to remove eye makeup correctly at all. This guide will show you how.
How to Gently Remove Eye Makeup
Simply rubbing away at your eyes with hands or cotton pads isn’t the right option when it comes to removing eye makeup. Instead, it would be best if you were as soft and gentle as possible, respecting the skin’s fragility and avoiding any unwanted side effects like burst blood vessels and irritation.
The skin around the eyes is fragile and delicate, so putting too much pressure or friction on this area can be disastrous. Softness is key, and there are a few different techniques you can try here to get the best results:
- Wipes – Makeup wipes are an excellent option for getting rid of eye makeup like eyeliner. Even waterproof mascara and eye makeup products can be removed with ease with these wipes. The best wipes are very soft and gentle, without any harsh chemicals or unnecessary fragrances. They’re essentially able to dissolve the makeup and absorb excess oils, too, leaving your eyes feeling fresh and clean.
- Micellar Water – Micellar water is another excellent solution you can safely use on your eye makeup, and it’s highly popular around Europe. This water contains tiny molecules called micelles that essentially attract makeup and dirt and oil from the skin, soaking away all the unwanted particles and leaving your skin nice and clear without any need for rubbing or rinsing.
- Pads – You can use cotton pads to get rid of eye makeup like mascara too, but you need to be careful in your approach. Try soaking a pair of pads in gentle makeup remover and placing them over your eyes. Lie back and rest for a couple of minutes to let the product do its work, and gently wiggling the pads around, rather than rubbing them back and forth, to get the best results. You can use a Q-tip to wipe away any residue left over.
Benefits of Removing Makeup Every Night
Of course, you might be tempted to simply sleep in your eye makeup and worry about it the following day, but this is not recommended. Experts agree that sleeping in eye makeup isn’t a smart idea. It clogs up the skin’s pores, preventing natural oils from being released, potentially leading to breakouts and the development of spots and imperfections.
Top Tips for Removing Eye Makeup
Here a few more valuable tips to keep in mind when it comes to removing eye makeup in order to always get the best results and be kind to your skin:
- Always wash your hands thoroughly before touching your face to avoid introducing any extra dirt, oil, or bacteria to the eye area.
- Remember to rinse off makeup remover, as any residue left behind could damage your skin.
- Try to find products with active ingredients for the best effects.
- Be sure to choose products that are the right match for your skin type, being extra careful if you have sensitive skin.
- Use eye creams and gels to nourish the skin under and around the eyes after removing makeup.
Removing eye makeup can feel like a chore at times, but with the right approach, you can overcome this little daily challenge much more easily and give your eyes the love and care they need.